Systems for collecting poems and editing

Anything goes really. No self promo posts. General discussion about poetry/gigs/the scene etc. and especially if you've got any questions.
benjaminsolah
Site Admin

Systems for collecting poems and editing

Post by benjaminsolah » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:30 pm

My collection of my poems, as in the ones I wrote, is a bit all over the place. Split between Dropbox and Google Docs, there's first drafts there and untitled ones and ones I've been meaning to edit and ones I'll never read again. I probably need a better system for keeping them all to help with formulating sets for gigs, and to remember to edit pieces.

How do you organise your poetry? How do you remember which ones you need to edit?
"...no-holds-barred, passionate..." - Ali Alizadeh | "Here is truly a writer to be reckoned with" - Maxine Beneba Clarke

Benjamin Solah is a spoken word artist, poet, writer and political activist, raised in the western suburbs of Sydney, now based in Melbourne. His performance style ranges from passionate denunciations of the system we live in to absurdist stream-of-consciousness on topics from politicians, to video games and football. His work has appeared on stages, pages, screens, through megaphones, in wrestling rings, including many regular poetry events such as Passionate Tongues and The Dan O'Connell, Cordite Poetry, Overland, the NGV and White Night Melbourne. He is the author of broken bodies, a poetic chapbook on the theme of asylum seekers, and two spoken EPs, Duel Power with Santo Cazzati and The World Doesn't Make Sense.

benjaminsolah.com | Official Facebook Page | Twitter: @benjaminsolah

LorenzoB

Re: Systems for collecting poems and editing

Post by LorenzoB » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 pm

I find that part tricky too. I try to keep notes in one place and I try to keep it up-to-date. This works for me, for the most part.